Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus (2019)


This is one of the funniest things I've seen all year. Invader Zim was a guilty pleasure for me growing up. A bizarre and twisted cartoon for it's time. The fact that it ran on Nickelodeon was insane. It was only after it's initial run did it explode into the cult classic it is today. Naturally, a revival was long overdue. It didn't disappoint. Jhonen brings his all, and this thing is friggen hilarious. Noticeably, this special is way more lighthearted and silly than the original show. The nasty, sickening gloom just isn't here. Some may hate that, I can totally understand that. But to me, it's as if Invader Zim is now self-aware of it's own phenomenon, and just rolling with it. Anyone who watches this will know right away how fun it was to make for everyone involved. The voice actors just have a ball. Richard Horvitz's performance as Zim screams as someone who's been waiting forever to play this character again. I've seen time and effort put into so many animated films that seem lifeless But rarely have I seen one that feels this joyous.

Comments

Popular Posts